replacing ancient program

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter_ming

Baseband Member
hi guys,

For the past 7 years I've been using Qpro to do a daily cash report at my workplace (those who are too young to know Qpro: it's a spreadsheet program based on DOS). Now you can laugh and wonder what the heck am I doing with DOS program in these time, but my office has been using this since back in the first era of PC, and I guess since we have no IT dept, nobody cares enough about whether or not the program is ancient as long as it works.

Luckily it works alright on my PC, even with XP, but I feel it's about time to replace it with a more current software since it cannot be used on any XP, it works on some PCs, but on others it just freezes (even with same XP configuration). And the size of the file is monstrous (128kb each, compared to the thin Excel).

Now mainly what I do is data input on the spreadsheet, expenses and incomes, hit the print command and it automatically formats into pages with corresponding layout (depends on how many rows are filled), and the balance are automatically calculated. I think Excel can somewhat do this, but I'm not sure how to give the proper formulas/macros. Searching through Excel-how to books comes up with nothing.

If anyone of you knows a reference book or two, or a proper new software to replace my ancient Qpro, I would be very grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom