repartition / XP reinstall question - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 12-23-2004, 01:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
PowerQuest / Opera

If you have backed up everything I would format everything.

TheMajorMMX - Intel P200 MMX @ 225Mhz - V-Tech (PcPartner) Baby-AT mb w/ Intel Triton TX chipset - Nvidia Riva TNT2 M64 w/ 16MB - 256MB M-Tec SDRAM - Still running.....
Old 12-23-2004, 02:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Im not sure about the ability with the win xp disk but with a win 98 boot disk you can fdisk and option 5 see all the partitions.And del all the partitions you dont want.and then create a active partion and then use your winxp disk to format in ntfs and install.
I wouldnt worry about the dell restore anything who needs it.

Old 12-23-2004, 09:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Originally posted by quitollis
What would it be restoring?? Why would I need to restore anything?? I just want to reformat my HD so I can create a separate partition for XP, then reinstall XP on it. What valuable information does this restore partition have on it?? Maybe I should just call Dell.

Originally posted by EricB
it is a restore partition. I would use that instead of installing xp, as you won't have to activate xp, plus you will have all of your original application programs, you will lose them through reformatting, plus it only take about 25 minute to do that, as oppose to days, when you reinstall all of your applications

you need your recover cd to use it

Closed Thread