Repairing XP Pro. Cant find USBEHCI.SYS??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobkon

Baseband Member
Hey all. I am trying to repair Windows XP using my XP Pro CD. When it gets to a certain part of the installation, it gives me an error "Cannont find usbehci.sys" and it asks me to redirect to the file. I found the file online and downloaded it, BUT my problem is, I have a newer computer and the only connections available for my mouse and keyboard are USB, and they wont work (since the USB isnt installed yet) so I cant "Browse" for the file. Any suggestions? Thanks

When installing any version of Windows I keep a $10 cheapie keyboard around since the usb model here even with a PS2 adapter won't get through the license agreement part. Buy a cheap one or borrow an old model to get Windows up and running. From there you can install the software/drivers for the model keyboard and mouse you run.

How are you able to select which windows installation to repair if your keyboard doesn't work? Or answer the questions? I was going to suggest a USB thumb drive for the file but that probably wouldn't work either. Maybe slave the drive into another box and copy the file to the system32 folder.

Windows has a degree of usb drivers included. The problem there besides not having a PS2 model keyboard may be from a finger marked or scratched disk as well where something isn't be read off of the disk fully. On occasion you have to start an installation all over or reinstall when something isn't copied to the drive fully. The mouse itself corded or usb won't get you through the process by itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom