"Repair Your Computer"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezysk

In Runtime
Well thats what I'm suppose to see when I insert the Vista disk. Problem is that I don't. Supposedly Vista can restore XP from the old windows folders. I also have the hidden partition with the original XP as well. NONE of it can be accessed. I'm afraid Vista has FUBARED my pc to kingdom come!

No it hasnt. First things first. Vista disc will give you the isntall instructions. But if you look off to the left side you will see "Repair you PC" spot there. But there you can only restore from a restore point if you have one or fix your boot. Vista does not have the repair function like XP does.

2nd to restore from you windows.old files is a long on complicated precdure. That is why it is suggested that YOU create a partition and install Vista on that. Not on teh same hard drive and partition that XP currently is.

So YOU are the only one to be blamed for FUBARing your system. You were the one who didnt take the time to do it correctly and you are the one who caused the problem. Sorry to be so blunt but that is the truth. The software only does what it is instructed to do by the person running it. It cant do anything more.

Do you think it would let me REFORMAT the hard drive?

If so WHAT COMMANDS?

thanks

During the install you will see Custom for install instructions. Click on the Advance part of it. should look like this after that:

Vista_Install_Screen5_UnallocatedSpace.png

Blasted Ben. I forgot he had that stupid thing on for hotlinking images. I will get him later for that.

Then jsut click format and then isntall. Gets rid of the Windows old isntall while doing a fresh install. If you want XP then follow these instructions:

Windows XP Install - TechModo

WHOA ! I should send you a case of beer for this. BIG THANKS. Actually Vista is a fine OS....that is when you bought it with a multi core processor machine. I maybe the only one with this view, but 'upgrading' is just simply a BAD IDEA. Thanks again.

Sorry about that hotlink image thing. Blast kid. I know who did it and i know why. I will get him later for it. But i got the right image up now.

It is no big deal. I know how frustrating it can be with Vista at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom