Repair of Excel file

JohnsGreens

Beta member
Hi - I have a corrupted Excel file which I can't repair. I wonder would any of you be able to repair it? When you open the file writes that "cannot open the file because the file format or the file extension is invalid. Make sure the file is not corrupted and the file name extension matches the format". It's Excel 2010 . Thanks. (Cannot attach the file writes that "The file type you are attempting to upload is not allowed.")

I'm presuming that you don't have a backup of that file? I've found that, typically, a corrupted file that cannot be fixed by Excel is usually done for completely. To be fair, though, I usually have a backup of any important files, so I don't focus on repairing them very hard. The data loss is usually minimal.

That file is beyond repair. I changed the extension to .XLS and forced it to open up and there is just gibberish inside of it. Do you have a backup or older version you can go back to? Maybe you should try to use the utility Excel Recovery Toolbox? may be it will help to restore at least some of the information. http://www.oemailrecovery.com/excel_recovery.html

Thank you guys for your feedback and help. Sorry, that long time did not respond. This is because the issue was solved and I forgot to tell.) Thank you!

Hi - I have a corrupted Excel file which I can't repair. I wonder would any of you be able to repair it? When you open the file writes that "cannot open the file because the file format or the file extension is invalid. Make sure the file is not corrupted and the file name extension matches the format". It's Excel 2010 . Thanks. (Cannot attach the file writes that "The file type you are attempting to upload is not allowed.")

Here, I am going to share two ways to repair corrupt Excel file

Manual Approach
Microsoft provides inbuilt utility called Open and Repair to repair Excel file errors. Follow these steps to use Open and Repair:
1.Open MS Excel
2.File->Open
3.Select the file
4.Choose Open and Repair (Under Manage drop-down list)
5.Click Repair

Software Approach
You can repair this error by using Stellar Phoenix Excel Repair Software. Watch the review done by Chris Menard (Microsoft Office Master Instructor) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srxcSxHR9t4

Back
Top Bottom