Removing Windows Log In from Xp Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I got a Windows Xp Pro box that I am working on for a CCTV system. It as Win Xp Pro SP2 (no updates)
Now for some strange reason, when I boot it up, it first gives me the welcome screen where you pick your user name that you want to log in as.

I have gone in as disable that. However now it's giving me the log on screeen where i need to enter a user name before logging on.

I need to disable this so that it just boots into Windows Xp Pro with now any user input.

I am just having a mental block on how I do that.

Control panel>User accounts>Change the way users log on or off.

Both check boxs should be unchecked. I think, and the account has to have the password deleted... I think.

Go to Start -> run. Type control userpasswords2 and press enter
Select the account you want to log on as default then check the box that says "users must enter a username and passwords to access this computer". It will then prompt you for the password. Enter it twice and press ok.

You're all set!

autologon.JPG

Go to Start -> run. Type control userpasswords2 and press enter
Select the account you want to log on as default then check the box that says "users must enter a username and passwords to access this computer". It will then prompt you for the password. Enter it twice and press ok.

You're all set!

autologon.JPG

this method works like a charm. after you make that change it will ask you what username and password you want it to automatically log in as.

now when you reboot it will just log in as that user from that point on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom