Removing Splash Screen at boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackx

Baseband Member
Greetings all,

My computer starts up with the Motherboard manufacturers screen displaying, instead of the RAM count and boot info. Although I can hit a key to view the RAM count, processor and motherboard info, I would like to permanently remove this splash screen from my boot sequence, just need some advice on how to do it.

Hope this made sense?

Thanks in advance!

They've integrated their splah screen into the BIOS chip. You'd have to get another chip. Flashing the BIOS won't help.

I knew that there was some sort of utility once upon a time....let me check...

-Mike

Mike,

Thanks, I'll give this a try when I get home. I was afraid this may have been the case. Anyway, thanks for the advice, much appreciated!

In most mobo's there's an option to disable this ... For example in MSI n' Intel mobo's ther's an option which says boot up screen :Silent,Verbose ...or somethin' like that ...

Check into ur bios again..or refer ur mobo's manual ... N' ofcourse the last option ..post ur mobo model/make here :)

A simple flash of the BIOS normally works with me - but probably not with all manufacturers.

I guess when the developers are creating an updated BIOS they can't be @rsed to input the splash screen.

Theres normally an option in the BIOS to enable/disable the full screen logo, as there have been in my last 2 motherboards.

Also
Originally Posted by Kangaroo

# Windows XP Professional SP1a - new!
The newest SP for windows XP is SP2 which you can get Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom