Removing RAID 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

plant

In Runtime
Hey all, i was running raid0 on 2 seagate 320's lately, and got nothing but problems with em. Whilst tryin to overclock on 2 occasions the comp didnt start cause of my over eager settings, and then took a min to restart itself. No problems here usually. it happened loads of times. But as i say on 2 seperate occasions it would restart and run thru bios etc, but then either freeze on a black screen, or say hard drive read error or something along those lines. So RAID 0 can suck my ***, i didnt even see any performance increase anyway!

So now the problem, how to install windows on the 2 seperate SATA2 drives? I loaded windows as per usual, and had one of the hard drives unplugged, meaning i should only have had 320gb of space. In the windows install menu it came up with 520 gigs or there or there about, so i deleted the partition thinking it would reset and come back with the actual size. Didnt. I installed windows on it and after waiting longer than usual, the comp restarted, normal i thought. But instead of booting into the windows setup GUI it loaded from CD again, even though the hd was listed as first boot device. Now i cant get it to boot from the HD at all, and need some advice as to how to reset them to 2 standard 320gb SATA2 drives. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom