removing powershell 1.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Propel

Beta member
im tryn to install windows vista business on my dell inspiron 6400 which has xp --- sp3 on it rite now, but when vista checks the compatibility it says i needa uninstall windows powershell 1.0 to continue with the installation.
here's what i've tried:

1. I went through the registry and deleted keys related to windows powershell.
2. I found the spuninstall for powershell in teh windows folder but im not sure if thats the rite one cuz it told me its uninstalling windows xp so i was lik wtf?
3. I tried looking for a download link to windows powershell 1.0 installer but it got taken off microsoft and i cant find anywhere else with it.
4. I tried installing powershell 2 but it told me i needed to install this other component (which i tried but it said the program i tried to update did not match or anything).
5. I tried to look for powershell on the control panel with 'show updates' tickd but it wasnt there
6. I lookd for XP SP3 on the control panel to uninstall the service pack and then get rid of powershell after, but i cant find sp3 on teh the control panel either

any ideas to how i can get powershell off the comp?
thanks

thx, but i alreddy tried tht. i can see powershell in teh list but thers no remove button lik the others

i would trying re-installing powershell 1.0 again. maybe something fouled up when adding registry entries for add/remove programs.

the procedures above come straight from MS KB.

lol i already tried tht a couple of times already but still nothn. theres supposed to be a spuninst folder under $windir$\$NTUninstallKB926139$\ but i dont hav tht, ive only got a PCCustomSetup.exe and something similar to tht

yea, o and i seem to hav 2 powershells instaled?? 1 is powershell 1.0 MUI and just powershell 1.0

try these

Chapter 2: Basic PowerShell Concepts - Network World

Uninstalling Windows PowerShell 1.0
Windows XP-SP2 and Windows Server 2003: Under Add/Remove Programs, select the option to show updates. Remove the PowerShell updates as applicable for your system: KB926139 (en-us), KB926140 (localized), and KB926141 (MUI pack).

Windows Vista: Go to Control Panel> Programs and Features> Installed Updates. Uninstall the PowerShell update: KB928439.

Windows Server 2008: In Windows Server 2008, PowerShell 1.0 comes as an optional component. If you have enabled PowerShell 1.0, you must turn the feature off before you can install PowerShell 2.0 CTP2. Launch Server Manager and choose the option to remove features. Select PowerShell from the list and disable the features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom