Removing Os from the partition

Status
Not open for further replies.
have you tried booting to the other partition and then trying to delete it? even still i don't think it will work, but you can always try. but if you are actively using the O/S you are trying to erase it definitely wont let you. the reality is you need to back up your stuff and then format it. it's the way to go. and why can't you back up the stuff onto multiple DVD's???

have you tried booting to the other partition and then trying to delete it? even still i don't think it will work, but you can always try. but if you are actively using the O/S you are trying to erase it definitely wont let you. the reality is you need to back up your stuff and then format it. it's the way to go. and why can't you back up the stuff onto multiple DVD's???

If i do, It's gonna take long time, possible slow writing speed...

and so I have attached my another HDD so Do i just copy and paster the entire hdd into another partition of another Hdd !! and then format that one and paste back.... ?

In Windows copy the stuff you need to keep from the old hard drive onto the new hard drive that you just connected. Then use Partition Magic, Windows Disc, or DOS(Fdisk) to format the partition on the old hard drive. Then copy your information back onto that hard drive if you want it on that hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom