Removing Os from the partition - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 12:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
True Techie

Default Re: Removing Os from the partition

have you tried booting to the other partition and then trying to delete it? even still i don't think it will work, but you can always try. but if you are actively using the O/S you are trying to erase it definitely wont let you. the reality is you need to back up your stuff and then format it. it's the way to go. and why can't you back up the stuff onto multiple DVD's???

Old 07-27-2007, 12:37 AM   #12 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

you could deltree it then if dual boot go into system and remove it's listings. google it.

I am not a fast writer.
I am not a slow writer.
I am a half-fast writer.

-Robert Asprin
Old 07-27-2007, 08:49 AM   #13 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wverb0783 View Post
have you tried booting to the other partition and then trying to delete it? even still i don't think it will work, but you can always try. but if you are actively using the O/S you are trying to erase it definitely wont let you. the reality is you need to back up your stuff and then format it. it's the way to go. and why can't you back up the stuff onto multiple DVD's???
If i do, It's gonna take long time, possible slow writing speed...

and so I have attached my another HDD so Do i just copy and paster the entire hdd into another partition of another Hdd !! and then format that one and paste back.... ?
Old 07-27-2007, 09:00 AM   #14 (permalink)
Super Techie

In Windows copy the stuff you need to keep from the old hard drive onto the new hard drive that you just connected. Then use Partition Magic, Windows Disc, or DOS(Fdisk) to format the partition on the old hard drive. Then copy your information back onto that hard drive if you want it on that hard drive.
Western Digital Raptor 37GB SATA HDD - Seagate 120GB SATA HDD
Plextor PX716A DVD-R/RW - LG DVD-ROM - Hauppage PVR-250 TV Tuner - Antec Silver Aluminum Case
Old 07-27-2007, 04:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
True Techie

I did It by your help....

Thankssssss.. a ton...

Closed Thread