removing norton sys 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCOTT

Solid State Member
how can i get norton systems works out of my pc. somehow ,somthing went wrong. i can't use live update, can't reinstall ,it says clean sweep is still in there,but i can't find it. tried uninstalling live update,can't do that either. windows xp home edition thanks scott

I had that problem with anti-virus. The only I could get rid of it was to reinstall Windows and use AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition instead. No problems after that.

It's extreme but will work AS LONG AS you back-up data you want to keep.

This is tooo funny! Not Really,, maybe more Ironic,,,

I was just working on a machine with Win Me on it (hahahahahha)*sucker* and it had Norton Internet Security on it,, well it failed to run .. so I went to remove it,, went through add remove,, not good enough,, went into the registry and deleted every key i could find related to symantec,,, no go,,

So,, I reinstalled the OS,, and like Quantum,, installed the AVG free edition too,, I run that on some of my other machines, and like it very much,,

Norton really Sucks to get rid of ,,,

cheers,

Tried sys restore,no good. went to norton site,seems like alot to go through to get that out of there. this really bugs me .
are there any other programs like windoctor out there?
thanks scott

Got it out, you have to go to the registry and delete all the symantec sub keys, along with any main folders and files from the program. it's clean sweep that causes the biggest problem when trying to remove live update. scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom