Removing MSN Messenger from WinME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monica

Solid State Member
i have WindowsMe on my computer and i've been trying to uninstall msn messenger 5.0 from the computer.i've tried the whole add/remove method but for some reason it doesnt work. if anyone one can help me please tell me what to do in order to remove the msn messenger
thank you
monica

do a search for msmsgs.exe and delete all instances of it from your computer. Then run msconfig from the run menu and remove that executable from startup.

Enjoy!

thanx!!

than you for your help but i really dont know what you told me means. please be most spacific. thank you!

none

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP. I DID WHAT YOU HAD TOLD ME TO DO AND FOR A MOMENT I THOUGHT IT WAS REALLY WORKING BUT WHEN I TRIED DOWNLOADING THE NEW MSN MESSENGER IT WAS TELLING ME THAT I STILL NEED TO UNINSTALL THE MESSENGER I HAVE ON MY COMPUTER.
THAN YOU
MONICA

none

yeah i did. the icon didnt even come up. i dont know why it didnt work. im sorry for bothering you and stuff i just need help with all of this
thank you
monica

none

WELL THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP ONCE AGAIN!!! I GUESS I'LL TALK TO YOU SOON
MONICA

none

OK I JUST FINISHED DOWNLOADING IT. NOW HOW CAN I TAKE OUT MSN MESSENGER WITH IT?

OK YEAH I'LL CHAT WITH YOU BUT SINCE IM NEW TO THIS I REALLY DONT KNOW HOW TO GET THERE
HOW DO U?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom