Removing a MS Hot-Fix kb828741?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphael Argus

Daemon Poster
Hey all, hope someone can PLEASE give me a hand. I have Windows XP Pro updated all the way through SP 2. I installed a copy of Norton Anti-Virus software and it will not allow me to enable the "Auto-Protect" feature. It gives me a pop-up stating that my problem is related to MS Hot-Fiz KB828741. It said I need to delete the hotfix, uninstall Norton Antivirus, then reinstall the hotfix after I have installed and fully updated my Norton AV. So I go to Add/Remove Programs and there is NOTHING listed for the hotfix. Can anyone tell me a manual way to delete this damn thing and also to reinstall it when done? I've been going through web page after web page trying to find an answer

:angry:

If you're running SP2, you will have to check the box in Add/Remove Programs
to display Windows Updates. These are now hidden by default and will only
display when you check the box. Hope this helps

Yep, I had the box checked. When I installed the SP's I did not opt to have them "backed up" so I could remove them. So I was forced to do a system restore BEFORE I installed the SP's. Regardless, I got it ironed out. There must be a way to delete the Hot Fixes manually, but for now, I don't need to worry about it :)

i doubt u can delete them manually. it patches sys files and such and without having the old version of that file and knowing exactly what it changed would b one big headache

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom