Removing Incomplete OS Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

eraemia

Baseband Member
Hello,

Whenever I startup my computer, the Operating System selection menu appears, allowing me to choose my default Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition or Microsoft Windows XP Professional Setup.

A while ago, I have tried installing Microsoft Windows XP Professional, but for some reason I forgot, it remained incomplete and now I always see the option at startup. If I select it, the setup does not continue. There is some sort of error (though I don't see any) and my computer simply reboots.

How can I delete my incomplete installation of Microsoft Windows XP Professional and remove the option at startup?

Thanks in advance.

go to start, run, type msconfig, go to boot.ini click on check all boot paths, then it will tell you about the invalid os, click ok to remove it and it will be gone, reboot and see if you still see it, you shouldnt.

Problem solved!

Thanks again!

EDIT: But are any incomplete files from the XP Professional installation still on my computer? How do I know?

EDIT: But are any incomplete files from the XP Professional installation still on my computer? How do I know?

no, you are fine, everything was deleted when that happened.....also about the msconfig, try redownloading it and install it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom