removing corrupted/non working drivers. help

Status
Not open for further replies.

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
i have a very annoying problem.
my usb flash drivers for SE phone are flipping out

my older model SE phone was plugged in the back USB port adn it worked ok
the phone broke so i got a replacement phone and i totally forgot that flash driver was already installed ( same driver for both phones)
and i downloaded and installed it again and also installed a model specific usb drivers
i did it thru .INF files by right click and install
it was kinda late at night( 2-3 am) so my common sense wasnt running
so instead of trying to investigate i plugged the phone in another usb port and installed drivers again( few times)
still wouldnt recognise the phone in certain mode
i took the cable and plugged it in the front usb port( whic is ran off the card reader)
and installed drivers for that one too... very smart...

but what happends is when i plug the phone in the service mode it will freeze the PC and i have to restart it
i did nottice that an exclamation sign pops up next to one of the drivers in device manager
but it only shows up when the pc is already frozen so i cant catch it

how can i completely remove all drivers associated with both of my phones so i can reinstall them fresh?

Go thru the device manager and remove the driver from there.

ok after few hours of useless removing and reinstalling drivers i have same issue
pc freezes

i pretty much removed all that was related to sony ericsson
software, drivers from device manager.
ran antispyware
ran cc cleaner and another registry cleaner after it
checked drivers folder for any sony drivers
everyhting was clean

and i plug in the phoen agian and bam it freezes

this time i caught the driver
it was SEMCBOOT download that had the warning icon next to it
so i installed the driver manually
plug the phoen in and same sht
the next driver gives same error adn hangs the pc again
i install that driver also
plug in the phone and pc frozen with no signs

i have a laptop downstairs that has exactly same drivers and sony software installed and it works perfectly without any errors and i donno wtf is the problem with this pc

is there any way to clean up the system without reinstalling the windows

say your system had alot of junk from previous installs add/removes how would i bring it back to working condition?

Use Revo Uninstaller. That will be better than the Windows add/remove. From there do a defrag, ccleaner. Go thru the Osiris Guide.

good ol windows reinstall fixed it lol
after weeks of faquing with it i finally gave in and wiped the windows this time with a image backup so i dont have to go thru the painfull process of installing all my drivers adn software...

adn the usb drivers work perfect now from first install. so i donno what could be wrong with it.
is there a service that is required for a SE phone to run in flash mode? if anyone knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom