remove backburner 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

purplepots

Baseband Member
I previously installed 3D Studio Max 6 and along with it came backburner 2. Now, I want to completely uninstall 3DS Max, but when i do, backburner remains... It isn't listed in the Add/Remove Programs Panel and I can't find an uninstaller... Does anyone know about this problem and how to solve it?

Are you able to locate it in Program Files folder under My Computer? There could be a possibility it has its on Uninstaller. Double click the Uninstall file and it should uninstall your program for you.

MightyMouse said:
Are you able to locate it in Program Files folder under My Computer? There could be a possibility it has its on Uninstaller. Double click the Uninstall file and it should uninstall your program for you.

Yes, I can locate it in the program files folder, but no, it doesn't have an uninstaller.

It seems that all Backburner is is a service. Here is what I have found and we can see if it will help. You may be able to just delete the folder after that and run a Utility like Tuneup Utilities to clean the paths out of the registry... but that's getting dirty, so attempt at your own risk. This will at least remove the service.

Question:

How do I install backburner Manager and Server as services?
Answer:

Note: you must have administrator rights.

Open a command prompt (Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt) and type the following:
For Manager:
managersvc -i [Enter] to install
managersvc -r [Enter] to remove

For Server:
serversvc -i [Enter] to install
serversvc -r [Enter] to remove

Source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom