remoted assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

straightv6

Not A Super Techie
been trying to get remote assistance to work on xp but i can't ever since i installed my linksys router with 4-port switch. can someone tell me what i need to change.

You might have to open up the port that your work's proxy needs to access. You might have to get this information from your network team at work.

open port 3389 on router.

from morcosoft:

Q. Does Remote Assistance work through firewalls?

A. Yes, Remote Assistance will work through any firewall when Port 3389 is opened. When using Windows Messenger, dynamic ports are used in the helperÂ’s ticket. The helperÂ’s computer uses the first available TCP port above 1024. When using the Windows Messenger method, the requestor makes the first attempt to establish a Remote Assistance session using the helperÂ’s IP address and port number in the ticket. Reference Q306298 Explanation of the Windows Messenger Reverse Connection Process and Q301529 Supported Connection Scenarios for Remote Assistance for more information.

Remote Assistance can also push through Windows XP Internet Connection Firewall (ICF) without enabling TCP Port numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom