Remote imaging in Ghost 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiller

Beta member
Has anyone had experience with replicating images in a network using Ghost 7.0? I want to be able to ghost computers remotely without the need for going to individual workstations with a boot disk. Thanks.

i know i have seen a tcp/ip computer-to-computer image save/ restore feature through CAT5 cable, but i think to do what you want you would have to have the network/enterprise/ corporate (whichever they call it) version of ghost to do that. at my college thats exactly how ghost is used.

that is what i am experimenting with. I have a corporate edition, with a have a network of 3 computers, and i am trying to remotely ghost them without the need for a boot disk. Anyone have experience with this?

7.0 should be the Corp addition. The "personal additions" have a naming structure of the year of release, ie: Ghost 2003, Ghost 2004, etc.
I did this a long time ago with 7.0 Corp addition.
I know that I enabled WOL support for all the PCs. I couldn't give you exact instructions as I did this a long time ago. But when I was doing this I referred to this PDF...
ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/products/ghost/manuals/ghst70ig.pdf

-Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom