Remote Diagnostic Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

T1junkie

In Runtime
Ok, I have about 250-300 machines scattered in various parts of building and if a user calls in and reports a problem I want to be able to remotely connect to their machine and view Information about the machine including whats running and what their system resources look like (CPU/Mem/HDD usage) to be able to diagnose problems more efficiently

does anyone know of currently existing products that would do this task?
or am I on my own developing a homebrew solution, I figure I cna piece together some scripts using the windows resource kit and PHP more or less piping the output into a web interface.

Thats not quite what I need, that will display all the CPU information but I need it available remotly for example say the machines IP address is 192.168.0.123 and the service is running on port 1234

I would direct my browser to http://192.168.0.123:1234 and it would give me information about that computer, or possibly a console based system where I would have a computer setup to send information back to a master console computer

@jeremy that looks like a decent piece of software unfortunatly we don't have $10,000+ to blow on something like this, I'm looking for something more in the economy range, or preferably free :mad:

I already use VNC, I'm not looking to control the machines, I just want to see information about them non-intrusively/silently or in the background

thats the general idea of what I want, but it doesn't provide the information I want. it certainly provides information on installed softare though.

:-( well thanks for looking, I think I will have to create a homebrew solution, I think I can use bits and pieces from the NT resource kit to output into a PHP script and display the appropriate information, but I'm having a **** of a time find a command line CPU usage proggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom