Remote Desktop - Printers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
We have a lot of users who use remote desktop to do work on certain servers at work. We have remote desktop set up to bring the printers they have installed over to the remote desktop side. Some users work entirely off of this remote connection all day, while users use it randomly.

Each time they connect, for whatever reason, it creates the printers with new sessions. So for somebody who has 5 network printers installed, within a matter of days they have two dozen+ installed, where majority of them are disconnected since they are from previous sessions.

This is obnoxious, and very hard to keep track of when there's 1 of me and 900 of them to help out. What can I do to make remote desktop play nice?

Stupid question - are these shared printers? Just wondering if RD is installing the printers because they are shared.

If that doesn't work i'm sure there is a local policy out there that dissallows installation of printers - just use that.

Stupid question - are these shared printers? Just wondering if RD is installing the printers because they are shared.

If that doesn't work i'm sure there is a local policy out there that dissallows installation of printers - just use that.

No, these are network printers.

The thing is, we need the printers to be carried to the remote desktop session. We just don't want 400 instances of disabled printers in the options menu after a month of using remote desktop every day.

OH, gotcha. That is a quandry. Could you create a script to delete the printer once the RD service stops? Or a script that someone would run once they are done with the session?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom