Remote Desktop DPI adjustment

xerolen

In Runtime
Anyone know if there is a way in Windows 10 Pro to be able to set the DPI settings of a remote Desktop session other than setting a custom resolution via the settings menu and then when connected using the Zoom function (Right clicking the title bar of the windows and selecting zoom percentage)? I'd like to be able to set the DPI within the remote session if possible. And as an added level of difficulty this all must be done within the stock Windows Remote Desktop App. Can't use remote desktop Manager as well as the DPI of the host must stay at Native (1920x1080 at 100%) while the Remote needs to be at 1366x768 at 125%.

If there is no way to set the DPI via RDP is there a line in the saved RDP file when opened with notepad that I can edit or add to set the window zoom level automatically?

I can change the Resolution but I need the DPI to change so everything in the RDP window isn't microscopic to read while keeping the DPI of the Client PC should stay at 100%

Are you using your credentials or the clients credentials when RDP? AFAIK DPI is a user option.

when remoting in from Windows 10 the RDP App is written to automatically match the remote PC's DPI with that of the Host. I want to keep the Host at 100% while setting the Remote PC to something Like 125% so that the icons, text and objects are zoomed in for better viewing.

Host:Windows 10 Pro
Display: 1920x1080
Screen: 13"
DPI: 100%

remote: Windows 7 Pro
Display: 1366x768
DPI needs to be: 125%

This seems to work for 2003 TS and I have tested this on my Server 2008/2008 R2/SP1… Also, the download link for TS-DPI.zip does not seem to be working last time I checked (4/21/2012).

Cached download TS-DPI.zip here: http://cache.gmane.org//gmane/os/solaris/sunray/381-001.bin

After research, this seems to work well:

http://blogs.oracle.com/ThinkThin/entry/setting_terminal_server_font_sizes

You may have noticed that users cannot access the Advanced button under Display Properties. This prevents users from setting the DPI.

Some users may want a larger overall font experience, unfortunately setting each of the fonts bigger under windows is kind of a pin. Additionally there is no nice way of making scroll bars, widgets, etc. bigger.

This is from my blog from back in 2012. I do not know if this will work for 2012/10. But it is worth a shot.

HTH

Back
Top Bottom