Remote Desktop Disconnected - Terminal Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyngx

Beta member
Hello all. This is my first time posting here so thank you to anyone who has time to look at this. Hopefully this is the right place to post this.

I have a laptop that is trying to remote desktop to our terminal server. Every time he tries to connect, it kicks him off without even getting to the login prompt. It says "The remote computer disconnected the session because of an error in the licensing protocol. Please try connecting to the remote computer again or contact your server administrator."

On the Terminal Server side in event view, I get the message "Could not assign a license to the client machine."

Things I have tried on the laptop:
1. He can connect to any other box using rdp just fine.
2. Any other workstation where he is at can rdp up to the terminal server.
3. Tried deleting the registry key that is associated with the license. Rebooted and still nothing. It's supposed to recreate that key that I deleted, which it did, but still nothing.

The TS is running Citrix and any other computer can connect to it except this laptop. If anyone has any insight, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

sounds like you have no licenses or there are too many connentions to the terminal at once or he is logged in already but didnt disconnect properly...reboot the server and then retry

I've tried rebooting the server already and even when there are no users connected to the TS, this guy still can't get in. Any other ideas? I have no clue. This is a fresh install of XP with all the updates also. Just reformatted about two weeks ago - so there shouldn't be anything interfering.

I am pretty sure the problem is with the client machine though, not the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom