Remote access to Windows NT help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screamsalvation

Baseband Member
Ok, some of you guys might remember me and my work situation. We have an antique windows NT box with a peice of photo database software on it. The software is long since lost, the company has gone out of business, and if the photos are lost my boss will kill us all. ;) I am not researching into using vm converter on the box (since it will work with NT) and turning the box into a virtual machine to deploy elsewhere as they would like. As I mentioned before the machine only has 1 user account which is severly locked down. I have managed to get the username and password of an admin account which is on the box but, whenever I try and log in it says "You can not log in interactively" so I am guessing they have the local login disabled. The box has winVNC installed on it but winVNC is only showing loopback addressing (could be because it isn't hooked to a network ATM)? Is there a way to plug the box up to a little linksys router, hope it gets an IP and remote into it to change the account permissions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom