Remote Access: Sharing MS Publisher 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldfleming

Baseband Member
I understand remote access to mean one person at a computer in a location having access to another computer in another location. If this is the case, is software required? If so, would it be necessary to make two separate purchases of this software: one for each computer?

The reason why I've asked this question is that I'm editor of my church's monthly magazine. The computer in the Church Office has Microsoft Publisher 2007. However, due to chronic illness, it is easier for me to work at home.

I could purchase MS Publisher, but I'm on a low income and if is at all possible I would prefer to avoid this.

If, in this case, remote access is feasible, would it be possible for me to connect to the computer in the church office from my computer in my house and use the church computer's MS Publisher 2007?

Finally, if it is technically possible to share MS Publisher 2007 in this way, would it be permitted under the terms and conditions of the end user's license agreement?

The two computers have Windows XP. My computer is Home Edition. The computer in the church office might be Professional.

I should have mentioned that the computer in the Church Office connects with at least one other computer at another location by remote access.

When someone at home uses a computer in their workplace by remote access, does this prevent another person in the workplace from using the same computer?

Say I was at home remotely accessing MS Publisher on the work computer. Would this prevent another employee at work from using a different program on the workplace computer?

Yes this would prevent them from using the PC at that place. You would take control of the PC in question and it would not be able to be used for any other purposes.

RealVNC - VNC® remote control software
Try this, it's 30$ one time payment.
Just install it on both computer.
Or get the product key from office on the church computer and use it with the free trial.
I believe that 1 key can be used on 5 computers.
Good luck!
UltraVNC is free and similar to RealVNC.

When someone at home uses a computer in their workplace by remote access, does this prevent another person in the workplace from using the same computer?

Say I was at home remotely accessing MS Publisher on the work computer. Would this prevent another employee at work from using a different program on the workplace computer?

Yes it would prevent the other person from using the computer, because you would be remotely connected to it and would be controlling what program is active. If somebody else tried using a different program that what you were using at the same time, then that program would be the active window and would prevent you from using your program at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom