I have a laptop with Intel P4 mobile, 2 ghz, 512 mb ram, NVidia GEForce graphic card. Capture device would be USB ??
I hope that a repair/soft install will remove new drivers installed ? I tried to find a USB driver entry for Sony (using Cam manual directions), but there seems to be none.
I do get error message listing ... unfortunately, it is in German. Can't understand it :-( The sequence of getting blue screen is as follows -
1. Set Cam mode to VCR (tape playback), and in it USB.
2. Connect Cam to computer using USB port.
3. Computer tries to recognize the new h/w device.
4. Immediate blank out and restart of XP.
5. In restart of XP, there is a blue screen where hard disk is scanned, for errors (I think).
6. If I leave the Cam connected while XP reboots after the blue screen, then steps 3 onwards are repeated.
7. There is a message window to report error to Microsoft.
I'll change the order in which drives are polled for boot and try with safe mode.
Is it true that user account 'Administrator' can only be created with administrator privileges ? I get the error before I specify what kind of account I am trying to create, with just the name entered causing problem.