Reinstalling windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

wumbo6

Baseband Member
Is it possible to reinstall windows without losing all your settings and not having to reinstall all the programs again? if so please help me out. if not how do you reinstall windows without reformating the drive? i am running xp home with sp2 and dont have a serial key so i want to install xp pro corp
thanks in advance!:D

If im not mistaken its relativly simple. When you put in the disk to run the installation it pretty much asks you if you want to overwrite all your crap, just press n (no). You can google it! and find out what the EXACT steps are.

when i did that it says that the current version is newer than the one i want to install -_- so i am forced to do a boot disk install. but i need to know how to install without reformating

there are three files in documents and user settings folder of ur root drive.. i donn know their exact names..

but once i had messed around with them and i came to know that they hold user settings and shorcuts stuff..

but i must clear it .. i m not too sure of what i said above.. cause it was juz an experiment.. u can mess around.. hope u learn something new to share here with us

GoodLUck !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom