reinstalling window xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok nvm i found out what a torrent is but i still need to know how to check what the original version was of xp home

Wow, reading these posts... It would be cheaper and less stress to just go to Office Max and purchase Windows XP Home Edition for the $49 they want for it.... It is on sale for a few more days... I bought 6 of them just a couple of days ago... Just thought I would throw that thought your way, it will fix all the problems that you are going though...

DerekGoodson said:
Wow, reading these posts... It would be cheaper and less stress to just go to Office Max and purchase Windows XP Home Edition for the $49 they want for it.... It is on sale for a few more days... I bought 6 of them just a couple of days ago... Just thought I would throw that thought your way, it will fix all the problems that you are going though...

no it is actuallualy easiere to spend 30 minutes - 1 hour downloading it for free, then use his serial

btw.. hiram do you have an I386 folder on your c drive?

If this was a pre-assembled machine like dell, emachine, etc. another thing to consider is that these computers often have hidden partitions that are used to detect that it was a dell, emachine, etc. And you sometimes can't use the key if that partition is gone.

Shannon said:
If this was a pre-assembled machine like dell, emachine, etc. another thing to consider is that these computers often have hidden partitions that are used to detect that it was a dell, emachine, etc. And you sometimes can't use the key if that partition is gone.

yes you can. you just got to find the right windows version cd

well no its a new harddrive so its blank the oe harddrive crashed on him or something the needle go's crazy if you plug it in so i had to get a new one

i have the same case as you recently.try installing using that disc and your serial number on your pc.it should work.for me:)after that when u sucessfully install windows and boot to the windows screen,they will ask you to activate one more time and most prob when you key in the serial,it won't work.they will ask you to key again.directly call microsoft(free-toll) and talk to the representative and they will ask you for the numbers that is generated when you failed.tell them it is preinstalled and they will give you a new key and windows will be activated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom