reinstalling problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Golden Master
Trying to reinstall windows 7 on my comp becuase i am having issues and i cant so it, when i start it with the disc in to reinstall it goes to a screen that says something along the lines of sysem32 is corrupt or missing. Um ya its ****ing missing because the hard drive with the os is sitting on my desk. Im doing it the same as i have 5 million times what gives?

Your post is a little cryptic. "becuase i am having issues and i cant so it"
...:umm:
Do you get the 'press any key to boot off cd/dvd drive' message? Does it boot off the cd when you hit a key? Have you set the optical drive to be the first boot device in the BIOS?

I'd suggest unplugging any USB devices (except kb and mouse), unplug any additional HDDs except for the one you want to install the OS on.

Your post is a little cryptic. "becuase i am having issues and i cant so it"
...:umm:
Do you get the 'press any key to boot off cd/dvd drive' message? Does it boot off the cd when you hit a key? Have you set the optical drive to be the first boot device in the BIOS?

I'd suggest unplugging any USB devices (except kb and mouse), unplug any additional HDDs except for the one you want to install the OS on.

ya with limited info this is all i can think of? So your trying to reinstall on a new hdd? or just a fresh installation on the original one?

Sorry, i was on my phone for the first post, and i hate typing long things on my phone.

Ok, the recertified hard drive that i got back from rmaing the origional drive is dying yet again (last seagate thing i buy, thats the 5th drive i have had of theirs that has died)

Its slowing the comp to a hault, so i though i would just reinstall on a partition on another drive and then plug the old drive back in and get the stuff i need off of it.

Anyway, what i have done is what i always do, set the boot device priority 1 to the optical drive, and insert the windows cd. But isntead of press any key to boot from cd, i get system32 is either missing or corrupt. I only have one drive in atm, and the only things that are connected via usb are my keyboard and mouse.

All i currently need to do is install windows on a free partition on a different drive then the os is currently on. But for some reason it wont let me.

If you are not getting the message "Press any key to boot from CD" then the media is not working properly. Have you used the CD before? Have you checked for scratches and finger prints?

Yes i have used it before (on this comp) and no it has no scratches, and i tried cleaning it just incase that was the problem, to no avail. Been a bad day already, then this, i just bloody want to get the os installed on a diff pertition, get some things i need of the old drive, and never touch a seagate drive again...why do things allways have to go badly.

^The one im trying to install on has never had an os on it before. Also, i have double checked and tripple checked the boot order, i have tried making both of them the optical drive etc, still same issue.

ok..well, i unpluged the hdd (the only one that is plugged in) and tried to boot from the cd, and it worked fine...so as it was loading the disc, i plugged the drive back in, when i went to install it on a drive, i hit refresh, and all the partitions came up, but it wouldn't let me install it on any of them, it said somethign about it might be disabled in the bios for this drive. So i went into bios to look around and i couldn't find anything, i tried to boot from the cd again and then it said Bootmgr is missing press control alt delete to restart. Mak you probably know what is going on because you are the windows guru, if you need i can do the first thing over again to get exactly what it said about not being able to install on this drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom