Reinstalling DirectX 9.0c

Status
Not open for further replies.

cssadmin

Baseband Member
Hi,
I have an issue regarding DirectX 9.0c. My computer runs Windows XP SP2 and has DirectX 9.0c installed. However, whenever I try to install a game, they always prompt me to install DirectX 9.0c because it does not get detected. However, when I agree to install, the setup of DirectX ends saying that I have all the files required. Dxdiag says that DirectX 9.0c is installed, by my graphics card (which isn't so good, but it's supposed to support DirectX 9.0c) reports that DirectX 9.0b is installed instead. I am suspecting that DirectX wasn't installed correctly. Is there a way to repair/reinstall DirectX? I mean, every time I attempt to install, it says that nothing is required and I can't reinstall (it says installation complete)...

Any help? Thanks.

Thanks for the reply.
However, isn't DirectX Buster for Windows Versions below XP? And for DirectX 9 Uninstaller, do you know what they mean to "extract these files to c:DXTEMP"? Do I extract all the files from my Windows XP CD to that folder or just some? I've seen these programs but weren't sure about how to use them and did not want to take a risk breaking my system.

Hope you know! Thanks.

Extract these files to C:DXTEMP! You must extract these files to this directory and run the UnDx9.bat that uninstalls the DIrectX files in SAFE MODE. so make a folder called DXTEMP, extract these files to it and run it in safe mode

Hi,
Thanks for your explanation, but I don't know what you mean by "these files"...
Do I extract the whole CD to C:DXTEMP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom