reinstalling DHCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
As some of you may have read in my earlier thread, I had to repair XP. Did that, the comp is running fine, had to download all the updates over again, and install a few drivers, no problem.

But, now when I try to play a file, any file, in WMP10, there is a "an internal application error has occured" error pops up. I have tried to reinstall WMP10 and the same error came up.

I searched on microsoft.com for an answer, and that answer is to remove and then reinstall DHCP, and to access DHCP, I am supposed to go to my network from control panel. Problem is, I don't know what to look for since I can't find anything marked DHCP. Do I look at my NIC cards? Do I look at my internet connection? I can't find it anywhere.

By the way, what is DHCP?

microsoft..... nevermind. it wasn't the DHCP afterall, even though microsoft told me it was.

i had to uninstall both WMP10 and MSantispyware then reregister two reg keys, then reinstall WMP10.

Just for your information (because I'm sure you're really curious) DHCP stands for dynamic host configuration protocol. Basically speaking that DHCP assigns you your IP address, so that you don't have to put all your network information in manually. To "refresh" your DHCP:

1. go to start ----> run ----> type "command" ----> and press enter
2. then type "ipconfig /release"
3. and lastly type "ipconfig /renew"
4. that should refresh your network settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom