Reinstallation

Status
Not open for further replies.

saltynay

Patron
I created my 1tb in raid0 through windows disk manager but now I would like to start again fresh with my 320gb which actually has windows on I was wondering whether reinstalling Windows on the 320gb will destroy the raid array on my two 500gb meaning I will have to reformat and reinstall everything I have got 541 gb of data on it and only 300gb max of external storage with me so can't back it up

The Windows installer would only effect files on the 320gb drive when reinstalling Windows there unless the array saw Windows installed there are well. The reinstall would then add that install into the boot loader with vista and boot.ini in XP. With no OS on the array the main problem that could come up is Windows recognizing and installing the exixting array drives as one logical drive.

That would effect access to the drives not files being stored on the 500gb drives there. The reinstall hopefully will simply add those drives in as the one intended logical drive. As a precaution you should plan to backup what you can anyways. Your sig doesn't show if all three are ide or sata or a mix there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom