REGISTRY Software Reccomendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

T0t

In Runtime
I'm looking for excellent registry software. I'm looking for a program that can clean up my registry, delete traces left behind from uninstalled software, etc, organize my registry, etc. Anything to keep my computer running smoothly. I've also heard registry software comes bundled with start up/auto run monitoring features, so that'd be a plus. Wether the program is free or not is not a problem, I just want great registry software. Something user-friendly would be nice.

I've searched for most of these entries on download.com, yet they don't seem to be very popular/well-known. Do above suggestions have any extras? Like a start-up/auto run monitor? Any awards and such? I'd really like to have the best peice of software available, price doesn't matter. thank you all very much

download them and try it out. thats the best way to test it to see if its to your specs or not. to me, its the best i know of

That would delete the point of the registry cleaner. I want to clean up traces left behind by past software, not install and uninstall 3 or 4 programs just to fill up my registry with more unwanted stuff. Im just asking for some suggestions, thats all. Thanks I appreciate you taking the time to post though :)

Thats what it does.

Features
Program Summary:
CCleaner is a freeware PC optimization tool. That removes unused and temporary files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster, more efficiently and giving you more hard disk space. The best part is that it's Small, Fast and Free!

Cleans the following Windows components:
Internet Explorer
- Temporary File Cache.
- URL History.
- Cookies.
- Hidden Index.dat files.
- Last download file location.
Firefox
- Temporary File Cache.
- URL History.
- Cookies.
- Download manager.
Recycle Bin
Clipboard
Windows Temporary files
Windows Log files.
Recent Documents (on the Start Menu).
Run history (on the Start Menu).
Windows XP Search Assistant history.
Windows XP old Prefetch data.
Windows memory dumps after crashes.
Chkdsk file fragments.
Advanced Options allow cleaning of:
Menu Order cache
Tray Notifications Cache
Window Size and Location Cache
User Assist history
IIS Log Files
Custom Folders
Application Cleaning:
As well as cleaning up old files and settings left by standard Windows components, CCleaner also cleans temporary files and recent file lists for many applications. Including:

Firefox, Opera, Media Player, eMule, Kazaa, Google Toolbar, Netscape, Office XP, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and more...
Registry Issue Cleaning:
CCleaner uses an advanced Registry to check for problems and inconsistencies in your registry. It can check the following:
File Extensions
ActiveX Controls
ClassIDs
ProgIDs
Uninstallers
Shared DLLs
Fonts
Help File references
Application Paths
Icons
Invalid Shortcuts and more...
Safety:
CCleaner was designed from the ground to be safe and secure to use. It has multiple levels of checks in place to ensure that it cannot delete any useful information or documents you may still need. We also certify that it contains no Spyware or Adware.
High Security:
For the super cautious users we also offer secure file erasing. By overwriting the files before deleting them, making it impossible to recover the data.
Multiple Languages:
Thanks to the translators, CCleaner is available in 29 different languages:

http://www.ccleaner.com/download/

I've been looking at some reviews, and people say its great overall. But not as thorough as other registry cleaners. Im seriously thinking about downloading it, but I'd like other people's opinions as well. Thanks though, I appreciate it.

Most other registry cleaners are junk, even the ones you pay for like Registry Mechanic. So many people on here have used it and it screwed up their machine. CCleaner is your best bet since its free, easy to use, and great startup features. Other members will start pouring in shortly and telling you the same and also give you a few others Reg Cleaners but CCleaner is your best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom