registry problems - Page 4 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 05:41 PM   #31 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

That website start here: ms-repair.com.

Then goes to here http://www.repairregistrypro.com/?hop=dereck

Dont buy it!!

Download this.

Disable Messenger Service (Pop-up Spam)

Old 06-25-2005, 06:22 PM   #32 (permalink)
Mod Emeritus

Phew, I was about to buy it too, I'm glad you told me about that. OK so what happens now after I put in that disable messenger service? I did reformat before I posted this topic, but I don't think it ever finished because of that message that pops up.

3770K | ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 | DDR3-1600 16GB | CORSAIR 650D | CORSAIR HX 850W | CORSAIR H100 | SOUND BLASTER Z | ASROCK EXTREME4 GEN3

Old 06-25-2005, 06:25 PM   #33 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

You wont get that message anymore. Also, run your spyware programs, delete all cookies, all TIF's, delete your prefetch folder, disable everything in msconfig except AV and FW, reboot, run your spyware programs again, then post a hijack this log in the other forum. Spyware programs like spybot search and destroy, adware se personal 6, hijackthis 1.99, download them at www.majorgeeks.com
Old 06-25-2005, 06:52 PM   #34 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Next time you reformat (make sure that you always do this), unhook your network or internet cable. you obviously have sp1 (it wouldn't happen with sp2). install your spyware and A/V and firewall before you connect it back up. and disable window messenger (you can also do it in start, run services.msc)

Since you don't have too much stuff on it now. it is better to reformatt it. it will only take 20 minute to an hour to do. delete the hard drive with powermax and start over. then you will know for sure that you are clean.

and follow the above advice about the network, you are at you most vulnerable at this stage (having internet hooked up while reformatting)

sometimes it is better to build a new ladder than patching the broken one

Closed Thread