Registry Key junk / OK to Delete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrlewp

Baseband Member
If a key such as HKey_Classes_Root\CLSID\.....xxxxxxx , contains data referring to a program you have uninstalled , would it not be safe to delete? Often find these keys and data not specific to anything else but removed applications.
Just ran Ad-Aware and it found NEW ...over 100 of these CLSID keys with data-miners , referencing Cometsystems.com. This followed my use of a toolbar which I thought was required for certain internet radio stations , but seems to be just another gadget with search , smileys , cursors , etc. !

I went to Cometsystems.com and found a cursor gadget and Adzapper program at their site , which I think were both items on the "Starware" toolbar that I installed. I also found there an uninstaller , which claimed to completely clean your system of any traces of "Cometsystems" program. After using , I am still left with over 100 registry items found by Ad-Aware....typing them as "dataminers" !! Anyone know of any purpose for the Comet program folder? I know for sure that the reg. entries did not exist about a week ago, which is around the time I installed the toolbar, thinking it was useful for listening to internet radio stations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom