Registry health software needed

orangeman

Baseband Member
I am experiencing intermittent blue screen of death on my system that I have not made any changes to lately. I wanted to rule out any possible registry issues. I also don't want to google and download a registry program for fear of getting those annoying pop ups that want to fix your pc.

What would you recommend ad a good program that can check the entire registry and fix any problems that it may see. I am not experienced to got through the entire registryto fix any issues by myself.

Thanks

For a BSOD, please check if you have any minidump files located under: C:\Windows\Minidump

If so, then please zip them up and upload them here and I can analyze them for you.

If you don't have any minidumps, then open up Event Viewer, go under the System logs, and scroll through the list until you find the BSOD error (look at the times and match up when you last had the BSOD). Post the following info:

the STOP code (should be formatted as such: 0x0000## where ## = some digits), as well as it's parameters (listed in parentheses next to the STOP code), as well as if it mentions a driver file (something like FILENAME.SYS).

I have two files located in the minidump folder. I was contemplating sending memory.dmp to microsoft although I dont know how much they would charge to diagnose that file. The two minidump files are about 620k in total. How do you want me to post them here?

You don't need to send them to MS... just upload them here and I can analyze them for you.

Just copy the files in the Minidump folder to your desktop, select them, right click -> New... -> Archived Folder (zip folder)

Then upload that zip folder as an attachment to your post.

Need some more questions answered before I can help more. Are you able to boot up at all, or does it just BSOD as soon as you login?

Can you boot into Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking?

What AV are you running?

I keep three backups for my hard drive. When I get a blue screen I try to bootup but as soon as I get near windows I get another blue screen and the cycle continues. (I never can boot all the way into windows at this point). Anyway at that point, I restore my hard drive from the backup image using the backup program Acronis True Image and an hour later, I am able to boot into windows. I did this about three times now as it will work for a day or two then blue screens happen again and I do another restore etc.

I am running windows 7 home premium.. my video card is NVidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti and I am hooked up using an hdmi cable to my monitor. My audio is built into the motherboard. I have not tried to boot into safe mode yet.

Also, I have not made any changes to hardware at all. Neither have I changed any drivers when blue screen started happening. After all of this, I did update my video driver to the latest one.

Back
Top Bottom