Registry Booster and the likes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purgatory

Baseband Member
I ran my comp through Registry Booster and another one of those programs

It lists errors, invalid shortcuts, bad paths, etc in my comp couldn't I just delete them some way on my own?

Here are some examples:

Entry: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{0002CE02-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\LocalServer32 Valuename: Value: Reason: ( The key LocalServer32 under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{0002CE02-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} is empty )
Entry: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00120005-B1BA-11CE-ABC6-F5B2E79D9E3F}\InprocServer32 Valuename: Value: C:\PROGRA~1\Logitech\IMAGES~1\Ltocx12n.ocx Reason: ( The InprocServer32 points to the missing program C:\PROGRA~1\Logitech\IMAGES~1\Ltocx12n.ocx in the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00120005-B1BA-11CE-ABC6-F5B2E79D9E3F} key )
Entry: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00120007-B1BA-11CE-ABC6-F5B2E79D9E3F}\InprocServer32 Valuename: Value: C:\PROGRA~1\Logitech\IMAGES~1\Ltocx12n.ocx Reason: ( The InprocServer32 points to the missing program C:\PROGRA~1\Logitech\IMAGES~1\Ltocx12n.ocx in the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00120007-B1BA-11CE-ABC6-F5B2E79D9E3F} key )
Entry: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00120070-B1BA-11CE-ABC6-F5B2E79D9E3F}\InprocServer32 Valuename: Value: C:\Program Files\Logitech\ImageStudio\ltscr12n.ocx Reason: ( The InprocServer32 points to the missing program C:\Program Files\Logitech\ImageStudio\ltscr12n.ocx in the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00120070-B1BA-11CE-ABC6-F5B2E79D9E3F} key )
Entry: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00120074-B1BA-11CE-ABC6-F5B2E79D9E3F}\InprocServer32 Valuename: Value: C:\Program Files\Logitech\ImageStudio\ltscr12n.ocx Reason: ( The InprocServer32 points to the missing program C:\Program Files\Logitech\ImageStudio\ltscr12n.ocx in the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00120074-B1BA-11CE-ABC6-F5B2E79D9E3F} key )
Entry: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00120075-B1BA-11CE-ABC6-F5B2E79D9E3F}\InprocServer32 Valuename: Value: C:\Program Files\Logitech\ImageStudio\ltscr12n.ocx Reason: ( The InprocServer32 points to the missing program C:\Program Files\Logitech\ImageStudio\ltscr12n.ocx in the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00120075-B1BA-11CE-ABC6-F5B2E79D9E3F} key )
Entry: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00120076-B1BA-11CE-ABC6-F5B2E79D9E3F}\InprocServer32 Valuename: Value: C:\Program Files\Logitech\ImageStudio\ltscr12n.ocx Reason: ( The InprocServer32 points to the missing program C:\Program Files\Logitech\ImageStudio\ltscr12n.ocx in the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00120076-B1BA-11CE-ABC6-F5B2E79D9E3F} key )
Entry: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00120077-B1BA-11CE-ABC6-F5B2E79D9E3F}\InprocServer32 Valuename: Value: C:\Program Files\Logitech\ImageStudio\ltscr12n.ocx Reason: ( The InprocServer32 points to the missing program C:\Program Files\Logitech\ImageStudio\ltscr12n.ocx in the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00120077-B1BA-11CE-ABC6-F5B2E79D9E3F} key )

Ya know sometimes it takes a second person to tell ya the same thing before ya take a good look at it, lol.

I already had ccleaner and you telling me made me look at the registry part of it. I ran it like 3 times and the amount of errors etc came down but it still shows alot in registry booster but ccleaner says there's nothing more to clean or delete thru registry. So why does registry booster show file errors etc?

Sure you could just delete them on your own. If you wish to take the chance of modifying your Registry and possibly bricking your install. ;)

Hey Mak I don't understand Comprish. There's still luv for ya mak213.

There are also alot of files I have absolutely no idea about and so i put them in a temp folder for now. I have absolutely no idea which ones I can delete or what they are for to put them in an appropriate folder.

I also noticed that in my add/remove list has a couple of games listed that I uninstalled a while back. When I try to reuninstall file can not be found. When I try to delete the name from the list I just can't. What should I do cuz I keep running ccleaner and its all cleaned out tired.

I have said it before and will say it again. There is no real gain from running a Registry Cleaner/Booster. It does nothing and there is no gain for your system via any benchmark tool that shows a gain from running them.

In fact there is more issues that could arise from running them then comes from running them. As they could delete a entry that is needed.

Well, you will probably continue repeating it because someone on this sight had suggested it in the first place. I would have never found out about it had it not been through here.

I don't research comp stuff too much if at all. So I am taking that puppy out of my system as of now. You have now cleared my mind. of the registry bull.

But that still doesn't resolve my other 2 issues that I found out on my own. Or should I put a new thread on it?

Yes i know people suggest them. But we all have our opinion on that matter. A google search can tell all.

I have seen many articles that show the up and downs of Regitry Repair software. Yeah they remove old entries and it is basically a big log file and not having those entries can help your system move along faster.

But honestly it scans the registry in less than a second anyways. Every program run has a hook to its very own specific Registry Entry. So the search is never long cause it knows where to look. It is basically like telling you to go search for your car keys on the end table by the TV in the living room. Since that is where you always keep them. It knows where to look and the unused entries are not affecting you at all.

But at the same time using Registry repair software you can find that a entry may not be active at that time and teh software marks it for deletion cause it is shown as not in use. Well then you go to start up TADA the Registry Entry isnt there. It was removed. So now the system slows down trying to manually search the Registry for this entry that has been misplaced.

That is just one of many things. I could go on but you get the point. There is no benefit that can be shown for why a Registry REpair software can give a performance boost.

On that same note i have run CCleaner and used it Registry Cleaner. I can say that after all the time i have used CCleaner i have never questioned its results nor have i ever had any issue with it.

As for the other 2 issues. Just go ahead and post up here.

Hopefully this is the last question on this beat down subject.

I uninstalled the uniblue registry. But later on I had to do a system restore because of program conflicts between SB Audigy and Logitech. Uniblue Registry popped up on my comp screen and every time I turn my comp on, registry starts doing its scan. I tried going through Add or Remove Programs but its not listed. I tried looking for it through CCleaner and its not listed there either. Am I going to have to redownload registry again in order to remove it? Or is there another place I don't know about that I could remove it through?

Go to Start, Run, type msconfig and press enter.

go to the startup tab, click disable all, then go back and recheck your antivirus and then reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom