Registry back-up problems!!!! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 01-07-2005, 05:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie
Unhappy Registry back-up problems!!!!

I used RegScrub XP to clean out some of my registry files and I realized I did the wrond ones so I decided to back up. Before I cleaned it I made a back up registry. Now when I try to back it up again this message pops up saying: "Cannot import C:... and not all data was succesfully written to the registry. Some keys are open by the system or other processes." I did CTR+ALT+DEL and terminated all the processes that I was running but I keep getting the same message. So I need to terminate a system process, which one? I tried to restart and try again but it gives me the same message. Why can't I back up? Thanks for the help.

Intel Core i7-860
XFX HD-5870
G-Skill 4GB DDR3
WD Caviar Black 1TB
Silencer 750W
Antec Twelve Hundred
Windows 7 Ultimate
Closed Thread