Registering windows everytime on starting my puter up - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-02-2004, 08:52 AM   #21 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 32
Send a message via AIM to wiseguyz408
Default

The thing is I havent re installed windows in a long long time and I dont plan on it, I am just trying to get rid of this problem... everytime i start windows it asks me to register... i register EVERY time, but it never stops...
__________________

wiseguyz408 is offline  
Old 12-02-2004, 10:20 AM   #22 (permalink)
Master Techie
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,258
Default

Quote:
you have a corperate edtion. it is made for business use
well, I can tell you that's not the case. I looked at his setup and it's not Enterprise. I think the catch is that The Major is from Holland, and it seems that MS can't use their activation stuff outside the US. But then again, I could be wrong.


as to your problem WiseGuy, have you contacted MS yet to see if they can help you? it's possible something has gone wrong and you will need to get their assistance to clear this up...
__________________

Inaris is offline  
Old 12-02-2004, 11:05 AM   #23 (permalink)
Chillin Techie
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 11,861
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Inaris
well, I can tell you that's not the case. I looked at his setup and it's not Enterprise. I think the catch is that The Major is from Holland, and it seems that MS can't use their activation stuff outside the US. But then again, I could be wrong.


as to your problem WiseGuy, have you contacted MS yet to see if they can help you? it's possible something has gone wrong and you will need to get their assistance to clear this up...
I need to buy a copy outside the US. i get tired of buying copies everytime i get a new computer.
EricB is offline  
Old 12-02-2004, 11:31 AM   #24 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 32
Send a message via AIM to wiseguyz408
Default

So is there no way for me to get past this issue without having to call MS?
wiseguyz408 is offline  
Old 12-02-2004, 11:34 AM   #25 (permalink)
PowerQuest / Opera
 
TheMajor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 10,177
Default

You can re-install.
__________________
TheMajorMMX - Intel P200 MMX @ 225Mhz - V-Tech (PcPartner) Baby-AT mb w/ Intel Triton TX chipset - Nvidia Riva TNT2 M64 w/ 16MB - 256MB M-Tec SDRAM - Still running.....
TheMajor is offline  
Old 12-02-2004, 12:04 PM   #26 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,286
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Pavlyk
The reason is you live in Europe which is a good thing. Every summer I go to Ukraine, and buy software there. Now the software is extremely cheap averages from about $3 up to $10 max. When I bought an Xp pro disc, on the back of the disc there were codes to enter. My friend who bought the same copy of windows but a bit earlier had a crack already preinstalled on his cd. So I guess that's good right?

P.S. Hardware is extremely cheap too
Ya sure. Of course it is cheap and you don't need activation. They're cracked software. 98% of the software in Europe is cracked. The people don't think that some1 made that software and they need bacon on the table. THey think it is all right to go to a store and buy programs that are on burned cd's. The other 2% of the 100% are the big businesses that have connections to other countries i.e. ambassies, international companies. etc.
__________________

__________________
Samsung QX410 notebook <-- lol, I'm always on the go these days :(
pc_boy is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.