Reg Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quake_City

Baseband Member
I have a few bugs on my computer as many people do (my wave audio turns off every time I reboot and also it happens when I use other applications now and again) and I was looking on get a Reg Cleaner.

Thing is that I download those trial version of this software and run them and they always give a different error count.
My question is do they work? And if so can someone put me onto a good one?

Any help putting me onto a good one would be greatly appreciated, free would be ok I guess but I don't mind paying for good software that keeps my computer running well.

Foobar on CCleaner for a registry tool. If you are looking for one or two that are actual registry cleaners and not a drive cleaner with a limited addon I can point you to two good freewares that work well.

Eusing is one that runs on 2000-Vista seen at Eusing Free Registry Cleaner: Safely scan and repair registry problems - Spyware FREE.

The other is an older freeware that works on Windows 95 all the way upto Vista but opens up to a main windows revealing the main keys for all non MS programs installed. The automatic registry cleanup option is seen in the tools dropdown list on the menu bar for RegCleaner by name seen at Regcleaner

Registry Crawler. I see your paultry Regitry Cleaners and i raise you this wonderful app.

This app allow you to search the Registry for anything specific. Say Apple. It then hunts thru the registry and finds any apple related Keys and you can remove 1 or all.

Careful not to remove the wrong registry keys though.

RegSeeker will go after any specific entries you name as well as drivers in the system32 folder. For hunting I go directly in the registry myself since I won't need a 3rd party tool. I think you know that one already! :p Got 7 running finally!

Why bother wasting you time in the registry. This thing hunts everything down. I used to sit there and click thru all the tree extenstions of the registry myself. But not with this app. I just put in someting in the search, like when i uninstalled Safari, type in Safari it does all the searching for me. Brings back all the files related to it and the folders as well.

No more wasting 10-15 minutes to crawl the registry and possibly miss a entry burried somewhere. This finds them all.

There are lots of free registry cleaners around, just try searching for the best one. Cheers!

For an automatic cleaner for scanning the entire registry I have to give Eusing the preference over the now rather outdated RegCleaner with that being more intended for the advanced user as far as freewares.

RegCure comes up the most when searching for cleaners and registry tools while being another retail item.

I never said REgistry Crawler wasn't a paid application He said free would be good but he wouldn't mind paying for it.

Overall CCleaner would be the best free one. RegCrawler has been the best in my experience overall.

I have tried the other 2 you suggested but I still think CCleaner is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom