Reformatting XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnthraX

Daemon Poster
Here's my setup right now: I have 2 Hard Drives (120GB IDE and a 250GB SATA) with a total of 3 partitions (1 for windows, one for installed games and programs, and the other for data) and I have noticed that Windows XP is slowing down a lot. What I want to do is be able to reformat my Windows Partition, but when I get done with the install I want my installed programs on the D: drive to be noticed and working. From my previous knowledge I think all i have to do is export my regestry then import it back. Also, would there be any problems with the SATA drive when XP is reinstalled? Like would it be recognized?

That should work with some programs, but certain programs may give trouble. You may be looking at re-installing some of your programs.
Before you go to the extreem of re-formatting, try see if you can fix your problem. Do a spyware scan, spyware is usually the culprit in slowing down a computer. Also, how much ram do you have?

Oh well, the problem isn't really too much of a problem, rather than an annoyance. It's just slowing down cause I installed windows a little over a year ago, and its just probably could use a reformat and a fresh install. Thanks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom