reformatting system & partitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavlyk

Banned
Hey everyone. Once again I have a problem:p . Ok but never mind that. I have decided to completely reformat my hard drive and install windows 98 first and then xp home. Now I have a partition already which is like drive d:. If I reformat my drive, will this partition remain? How would I go about installing 2 operating systems on different partiitions? And how do I create partitions which would enable me to install first win98 then xp home? Thanks in advance.

Reformat the ENTIRE hard drive or just the specified partition? Becase if you format the entire drive then yes the partitions will go with it.

chog said:
Reformat the ENTIRE hard drive or just the specified partition? Becase if you format the entire drive then yes the partitions will go with it.

Yes format the whole hard drive

reformat the entire drive if you dont you are asking for trouble,after doing so it will walk you thru the partioning,98 will be on the C:drive and xp on the D,make the 98 side FAT32 and the XP side NTFS,just pay attention to what you are doing and you will be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom