Reformatting Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

rreed87

Solid State Member
is there a program that allows you to reformat your hardrive and partition it without having to reinstall the OS, or just a program that will clear all programs other than the OS?
just i hate having to reformat my hardrive and reinstall the OS when my computer gets overcrowded and everything, its easier reformatting than running loads of clean up programs and manually uninstalling programs for me

thanks

Ryan

Well, thats the whole point of reformatting. Reformatting a media means to wipe it clean and start over. I think it might be a little easier for to to start clean, reinstall the OS on C and then immediately create a partition on D that houses ALL other programs, utilities, games, files, etc. THis way, you would leave the system partition a lot cleaner than what you are used to. Every once in a while, you could wipe just the D partition clean.
Out of curiousity.....why are you reformatting so much?

even if there was a program to do that, you could not use it while that existing partition is booted. u might as well just reformat everything and just reinstall your OS

What OS are you using? If its XP, reformatting is a piece of cake. It would actually be easier than trying to clear your hard drive of all the unnecissary files if all you wanted was the operating system.

Once you reformatted and updated your OS with the patches, do a ghost of your HDD and keep it as a reference. This way, the next time this happens, it will take you a few minutes to start fresh instead of reformatting everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom