Reformatting please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmodd

Solid State Member
Hello guys I am in need of reformatting my computer. I know how to do it but I am not sure on how to find all of my drivers after I am done if you can help me please post back. Thank you.
~Kevin~

If u could list all ur hardware .. or for that matter take a screen shot of ut device manager ..then one of us can tell u where u can get all ur drivers from!

most of your drivers will be reinstall after format and if theres any you cant get make a list of all the things (audio chip,cdroom,dvdplayer or whatever) you have and post them

One question how do i find that out like where do i go i have windows xp

are you gonna set up winxp from the disc?
most of the drivers will be reinstall
like i said if you have one or two post wishones are not install after reformat

yea i am just wondering becuase i dont want to not know my drivers that would not be cool. But if i put in the windows xp disc it should reinstall the drivers?

ALTHE drivers mght not be ther on the XP CD....... I thin u should list ur harware ..so we can tell ya ..which ones would not be there on the xp cd

Get a print screen of your device manager. In XP:

1. open Windows Explorer
2. right click on My Computer and choose Properties
3. click on the Hardware tab
4. click on the Device Manager button
5. click on the plus next to the hardware you want to see

I usually expand the ones for display adapter, network adapter, modem (if you still use one), sound/video controller and any other hardware that you bought for your PC that plugs into your PCI slots. Print screen that and attach it here so we can see if XP have your drivers.

EDIT: Forgot to ask. Was XP the original OS or XP was installed ontop of another OS? Did you build this PC or did you buy it from a store like CompUSA, Dell, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom