Reformatting but dont have disk - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 12-27-2006, 02:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Reformatting but dont have disk

Hello. I have a Dell E310 Desktop but recieved no reformat disk with the system. I've tried the F11 option at startup but that doesnt work neither. I would really like to reformat due to high usage and other major problems with virus's and such. I contacted Dell for a reformat disk but since I was not the purchaser of the computer, they wont send one without information. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-27-2006, 08:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Repeat Offender

Looks like you will have to spring for a new copy of Windows. Or Linux. Download Powermax to format if you want, but you still need an OS.

Change the world. Of one person. Today.

If your equation requires either a complex combination of variables to get the desired result OR you can't seem to get the result regardless of the ain't your variables, it's your constant.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Download a copy and then use a application like Rock XP to get your serial and use that on install.
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 12-27-2006, 06:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Ok, sounds like it is possible to do without any cd's that came with th system....Is it possible to give me somewhat of a guide to make a format cd and also a xp install disk? Also, how would I find out my XP Key to use when installing from the created OS disk? Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 12-28-2006, 05:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to NayNay1991x

Your XP Key could be located at one of the sides of your Tower or contact dell support line or something and say why i didnt get a reformatting disk ?
Closed Thread