reformatting 1 hd but saving the second?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neweyedeya18

In Runtime
first time postin on TF in a while but i hope you guys can help. anways my comp is running slow for whatever reasons, ive done maintenance but the last time i reformmatted my hd was probably close to a year ago and i think it might be time.

i have 2 hd's the first 80 gig which holds all my os stuff as well as some of my documents which arent erally too important. the second hd is a 200gig and it has all my games and pictures and songs on it, which i care dearly about

i was wondering if i could simply just reformat hd 1 and not have to deal with the second hd or after the reformat would it not recognise the second hd the same?

thanks
mike

After you reformat your computer will basically go through your slave drive and re familiarize itself with all the files. It can be a little bit of a wait but your info will most likely all be there i never had a prob with it.It wont be instant after the installation it wont be there until you reboot then windows will go through chdsk just dont click anything and it will read all ur info and will be available to you once windows starts.

I had the same reservations before I did what your about to do.

Just make sure you choose the right hard drive to reformat, and the other drive will be left alone. Once you reinstall windows go to My Computer and your second hard drive should be recognized and just like you left it

thanks

just did the reformat and reloaded windows. worked just as everyone said. i think i may have to re install my games tho on hd2 because they dont seem to be reading. my guess is some of the information for them was on hd1... thanks TF never lets me down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom