reformatted laptop, few bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtxoxpxd

Solid State Member
i just reformatted my laptop and after reinstalling most everything, theres a few bugs that i don't know how to deal with.

windows XP home edition, dell latitude d505, sorry, not sure what other information is relevant

1. when i start up my computer, it goes to this loading screen where everything is black except for a line of gray rectangles near the bottom which represents the status bar (looks like the screen when coming out of hibernate but no words). this loading part takes like 5 minutes to complete, and it hasn't ever done that before. i have no idea why its taking so long to start up.

2. you know the power icon that switches from the plug to the battery depending on whether you are on AC power or battery power? that icon doesn't switch to the battery when i unplug it, so i have no way to know how much of my battery is used up. when i go to 'adjust power properties', it only displays settings for AC power, not battery power. i thought this was some issue with dell quickset but i'm not sure how to fix it.

3. probably too obscure to get an answer on.. i use a wireless mouse that plugs into my USB port. its a Kensington Optical Wireless Pro Pocket Mouse. the first time i plugged it in after reformatting, the "found new hardware" thing popped up and started to install whatever it needed. but then it said that there was a cyclic redundnacy error (?) and that it couldn't finish installing and that the device might not work properly (which it doesn't).

any help at all would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Sounds like you need drivers.

Go to Dell's support site and look for your make and model. Click for downloads, and download the drivers listed (the newest of each... sound, video, motherboard, whatever).

Also, go to Kingston's site and look for the drivers for your mouse and download them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom