Reformating+Reinstalling XP Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

EndofSanity

In Runtime
Hi, upgrading MOBO+CPU and was wondering how to go about formatting+ Reinstallation. I know how to reformat (Rightclick on HDD format +run full format) but what will happen once this completes? do i just boot from CD when it asks and in BIOS make sure cd-boots first?

You would reformat from the CD also, you cant reformat your C drive by right clicking it

EndofSanity said:
Hi, upgrading MOBO+CPU and was wondering how to go about formatting+ Reinstallation. I know how to reformat (Rightclick on HDD format +run full format) but what will happen once this completes? do i just boot from CD when it asks and in BIOS make sure cd-boots first?

thats not what you do. you need to use either a windows 98 oem bootdisk for fdisk and format or use your windows cd

Holy ****. Listen Up.
Right click on My computer then click manage.
Once you have done that on the side list under storage click on Disk Management. Right click on the drive you want to format and click either delete partition (Which will delete your OS) or click format which will completely wipe your drive.
You also have another choice.
Insert your Windows XP cd and boot from that. it should take you through some steps and just select the ones you want. One of them should say "Overwrite existing partition" or something like that.

sinci said:
Holy ****. Listen Up.
Right click on My computer then click manage.
Once you have done that on the side list under storage click on Disk Management. Right click on the drive you want to format and click either delete partition (Which will delete your OS) or click format which will completely wipe your drive.
You also have another choice.
Insert your Windows XP cd and boot from that. it should take you through some steps and just select the ones you want. One of them should say "Overwrite existing partition" or something like that.

You can not format the hdd that the windows OS in on that is why I told him to do that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom