Reformating my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

pianoplayer

Baseband Member
Hey
I got a new computer a bit ago and i want to reformat it, but im not sure if its safe to do so...?
we bought the computer at bestbuy, and my parents had geek squad install windows on it
when they were done, we only got one disk. The windows vista disk.
normally, when I reformat a computer im used to intsalling all sorts of drivers after the initial installation of windows is complete..
so do you think its safe to reformat with just the vista disk?
I know that i have integrated graphics...would thathave to do something with the lack of drivers?
if you need any more information, just ask
thanks for reading !

It depends on the Vista disk you have. For manufacturers like HP or Dell, they will leave you with a Windows XP or Vista disk that has the drivers and software that go along with your system.
First make sure the Vista CD is NOT an upgrade only disk. If it is then you can't format and start clean.
Second check to see if it has a label saying "For use only with BrandName PC's only" or something to that effect. Then you know it will have all the drivers and additional software for proper operation.

also though, if the second label is there then you'll get all the bloatware so be prepared to deal with that if that flips your lid like im sure it does most of us here. But if its just a Vista install disk then there probably isn't any drivers on it and you'll have to do all that from scratch. But with integrated gfx drivers just search for it on the device manager and it will tell you what to do to install them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom