reformating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lionheartilly

Solid State Member
I put my XP cd in and went to system configuration to allow it to start up from ATAPI CD-ROM but when I restart my comp, it doesn't bring up the usual reformatting deal.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?
I have XP Pro installed and would like to reformat b/c there are junks in my comp and I can't play any sounds at all.
This happens after I installed a 250GB (137 acting) on D:// and move most of my files there.

Thanks

Do you get any error messages when trying to boot from CD?

WindowsXP needs SP1 to support more than 137GB.

well, yea...so the 137GB is fine, but I want to be able to reformat b/c i can't no music...

Normally, when I insert my xp cd, and restart, it'll take me to the win set up windows. for some reason, it doesn't this time.

anyone knows the file that causes it to work...maybe i can look around n c if its there or not.

Lionheartilly said:
well, yea...so the 137GB is fine, but I want to be able to reformat b/c i can't no music...

Normally, when I insert my xp cd, and restart, it'll take me to the win set up windows. for some reason, it doesn't this time.

anyone knows the file that causes it to work...maybe i can look around n c if its there or not.

What does it take you to?

it takes me to start up like usual. it's as if i didn't put the cd in or something. i should mention. i left my cd back in atlanta when i intern in wisconsin and so my bro sends it in 5 parts through .ram i extract it and burn it to cd but it should be identical.

i've checked it somewhat to a previous folder that i found containing the xp. i didn't know i had it until i have to place in folder for extracting and find that there's a folder specified under that name.

help?

Lionheartilly said:
it takes me to start up like usual. it's as if i didn't put the cd in or something. i should mention. i left my cd back in atlanta when i intern in wisconsin and so my bro sends it in 5 parts through .ram i extract it and burn it to cd but it should be identical.

i've checked it somewhat to a previous folder that i found containing the xp. i didn't know i had it until i have to place in folder for extracting and find that there's a folder specified under that name.

help?

Your cd rom isn't reading your cd. it's ether your bios or your cdrom isn't reading you copied cd. how old is your cdrom?

i left my cd back in atlanta when i intern in wisconsin and so my bro sends it in 5 parts through .ram i extract it and burn it to cd but it should be identical.

Did you make that CD as a bootable cd? . If you have not done, then there is no way that the CD you burnt manually is going to work.!

intercodes said:
Did you make that CD as a bootable cd? . If you have not done, then there is no way that the CD you burnt manually is going to work.!

Good point!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom