Recovery=Reformatting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doom10320

In Runtime
ok i need help...im tring to reformatt my friends laptop and its a sony laptop but idk if we need a disk to reformatt or recover like on my old old computer from dell but is there like a folder in the computer that recovers stuff if so can u like tell me were it would be on most computers

Dude...Grammar is your friend. Don't be afraid to use it ;).

Anyway...On bootup, if there's a recovery partition, there should be an option like "Press XX for recovery" or something like that. If you can still boot into Windows, then open up My Computer, and there should be a drive that's called "Recovery" or something similar. If there is, then just watch for that message on bootup, if there isn't, then you'll have to get your hands on either: the recovery discs for the laptop, or a normal Windows disc, and use the Product Key from the label on the bottom of the laptop.

he doesnt have a recovery drive or when he boots of his computer it doesnt say press something to recover

-Hes comp is a VGN-250E is presume with Vista Home Premium. He also never got a recovery disk...he needs to reformat bad.

Hello,

Try hitting F12 after the BIOS but before Windows starts to load. See if you can boot to the Recovery partition then.

Cheers,
Mak

nope that doesnt work either he has windows vista home i can give him ulimate or should i not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom